& Leadership Building
As an executive, leader, or manager you face both internal and external demands daily. You answer to shareholders and represent the company vision. You must communicate well, manage teams, and the work to be done. You likely also have high personal expectations of yourself.
When executives, leaders, and new managers face issues relating to people and performance, we start first with exploring the role emotions play in communication.
Emotions often go unexplored, and yet mastering them is the key to leadership, resilience, and improved results.
- How do you give feedback?
- How do you train your team or other managers?
- How do you understand the developmental stages of different people in your organization & tailor communication to them?
- How do you lay somebody off and terminate employment?
Emotional mastery, as defined by Bruce Elkin, is the ability to manage your thoughts and emotions and control the actions and results that flow from them. It includes the “competence and confidence to manage moods, and persistently pursue passions—independent of problems, circumstances or setbacks.”
Emotional mastery is learnable, and essential for every leader or soon-to-be leader.
We start with self awareness, and work through topics like constructive criticism, self regulation, controlling disruptive emotions and impulses, delegation, and comfort with ambiguity and change. Depending on your needs we may role play and explore new ways of communicating for results with different audiences.
We also explore the neuroscience behind fear, risk, decision making, mindsets, cultivating creativity, team management, and optimizing performance.
By the end of The Courageous Human Emotional Mastery & Leadership Program, you’ll be able to:
- Understand how your personal character, self-concept, values, thinking patterns, and emotional make-up impact your leadership style
- Make informed, empathetic people decisions
- Monitor and regulate your moods and emotions
- Build resilience and boost performance and productivity of your team, even through difficult circumstances
- Know and use your predominant leadership traits to the benefit of your team
- Know whether you are a Heart Leader, Head Leader, or Gut Leader – and the strengths of each
- The first session is a 1-hour intensive clarity and goal setting session
- 12 one-on-one sessions over 3 months or 6 months
- We meet in person (depending on location) or over video conference (Skype or Zoom)
- Supporting worksheets
- Email & accountability support to keep you on track in between sessions
Interested in developing your leadership and emotional mastery? Let’s chat.